All new ships for UK waters ordered from 2025 should be designed with zero-emission capable technologies, in ambitious plans set out by Maritime Minister Nusrat Ghani to cut pollution from the country’s maritime sector.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Kongsberg Maritime has received two of the Electric & Hybrid Marine Awards presented at an award ceremony in Amsterdam.
Nidec ASI, head of the Nidec Industrial Solutions business platform belonging to the Nidec Group, has presented its very first Nidec-brand battery system designed for large and medium-sized boat propulsion systems at the Electric & Hybrid Marine World Expo in Amsterdam.
ABB has strengthened its position as the marine market’s frontrunner on hydrogen fuel cell technology through its role in FLAGSHIPS, the EU-funded initiative to deploy commercially operated zero-emission vessels for inland and short sea operations.
Norsepower Oy Ltd. has announced that independent test results showed that Norsepower’s Rotor Sail technology has great potential to deliver savings on the Viking Line-owned and operated M/S Viking Grace.