Canadian Nuclear Laboratories, Canada’s premier nuclear science and technology organisation, has been awarded a contract by Transport Canada to develop an assessment tool to examine clean technologies that could reduce greenhouse gas emissions and the release of other pollutants from marine vessels.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Kongsberg Maritime has signed a contract with China Merchants Jinling Shipyard to deliver a propulsion and manoeuvring system for two 230m RoPax vessels for Finnlines.
Taking only one week to install, Azipod propulsion will ensure sustainable performance for Wasaline’s new ferry Aurora Botnia, while achieving up to four days of annual time savings due to operational efficiency.
NGOs have commended cruise shipping giant Carnival Corporation for its recent decision to support clean, safe and just ship recycling.
Genco has completed its exhaust gas cleaning systems programme which consisted of installing scrubbers on Genco’s 17 Capesize vessels.