On October 3rd, System 001 by The Ocean Cleanup embarked on its final leg of the journey to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.
News most read
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
Iridium Communications Inc has announced that it has been selected as the preferred provider of satellite communications services for The Ocean Cleanup, the non-profit organisation deploying advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic.
Damen Shipyards Group and Skoon Energy have signed a cooperation agreement of understanding for the advancement of energy transition in the shipping industry.
The year 2020 is approaching along with the Sulphur cap regulation of 0.5%, putting pressure on maritime agents to decrease emissions – and to utilise new innovations for environmentally sound vessels and services in the marine industry.
All vessels sailing under an EU flag will eventually be required to use an approved ship recycling facility once the EU Ship Recycling Regulation effectively applies. This will be on 31st December 2018.