The technology group Wärtsilä will provide the engines, propellers, and control system for a new, large-size hopper dredger being built by the Netherlands-based shipbuilding company Damen Shipyards Group.
News most read
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
Seajacks has won a contract from Siemens Gamesa to install its 6MW turbines at phase 2 of the 120MW Formosa 1 offshore wind farm in Taiwan.
Classification society DNV GL has issued a new white paper which assesses a range of alternative fuels and technologies.
The International Windship Association, along with its 40-plus member companies and organisations is positioned to help the shipping industry meet urgent and ambitious carbon reduction targets to be set by the International Maritime Organisation at MEPC72 this week.
Industry leaders and non-profits Forum for the Future and the Sustainable Shipping Initiative have announced the launch of the Ship Recycling Transparency Initiative with the goal of increasing responsible ship recycling practices.