The technology group Wärtsilä, the marine industry’s leading LNG solutions and services provider, will supply its advanced Energy Storage System to be retrofitted on four Harvey Energy class LNG-fuelled Platform Supply Vessels.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Equipment and Services
Securing a contract from Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, ABB Marine & Ports will deliver the power and control technology for the two new KNOT shuttle tankers to future-proof them for the operations of tomorrow and enable the sustainability gains increasingly sought by energy majors.
Inmarsat, the world leader in global mobile satellite communications, and Cobham SATCOM, the market leading provider of radio and satellite communications solutions, have been awarded a new contract to connect 732 fishing vessels active in the Maldives Economic Exclusion Zone to Inmarsat’s Fleet One maritime broadband services.
The technology group Wärtsilä has announced that Mercy Ships, a philanthropic organisation providing essential healthcare to needy patients in developing countries, will be utilising its engine technology in the organisation’s new hospital ship.