Iridium Communications Inc has announced the signing of a Letter of Intent with smart shipping pioneer Rolls-Royce Marine in support of their autonomous vessel development program.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Equipment and Services
With onshore infrastructure to support polar operations falling behind a substantial influx of ships, manufacturers need to take responsibility as well as opportunities when it comes to meeting demand for ‘winterised’ shipboard equipment, according to Vestdavit.
The change in ice conditions is opening the high Arctic as a trade route, fishing ground and potential tourism destination; but more infrastructure support is required to facilitate the provision of adequate insurance, says IUMI in a position paper released recently.
Oldendorff Carriers has recently signed an integrated Coal Transport and Transhipment Agreement for a new Power Station Project to be built in the North of Vietnam at Nghi Son.