A new report looking at crew connectivity on ships has revealed the emotional and operational impact on professional seafarers who are often away for up to six months at a time with limited opportunities to interact digitally with friends and family.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Equipment and Services
Piraeus-based engineering and manufacturing firm Maritech Ltd has signed a sales and distribution agreement with French water microbiology company aqua-tools to meet “significant interest” in onboard ballast water testing from Greek shipowners.
exactEarth Ltd, a leading provider of Satellite AIS data services, and IHS Markit, a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, has announced an alliance agreement that will provide a new combined tracking service, AIS Platinum, offering unprecedented frequency and coverage of vessel movements worldwide.
Cox Powertrain has completed two successful distributor conferences which have taken place ahead of the much-anticipated launch of the world’s highest power density diesel outboard, the CXO300.