The technology group Wärtsilä is to supply the main engines for a new and innovative expedition mega yacht, owned by Genting Hong Kong which also owns the MV WERFTEN yards in Germany where the vessel is to be built. There is an option for an additional two vessels in this "Endeavor" class series. The order with Wärtsilä was booked in March 2017.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Equipment and Services
Nautilus International is urging all the major parties in the UK to put maritime policies at the heart of their manifestos for the 8th June general election.
The shipping line only had 28-year-old drawings of the units which made the project uniquely challenging. HANSA HEAVY LIFT has successfully transported two giant ship unloaders, each weighing 870 metric tonnes and measuring 28.0m x 38.5m x 58.0m, from Tilbury, the UK to Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Vestdavit has completed its largest ever single-point A-frame davit for over the side boat handling, rising to the continuing challenge set by customers to be able to launch and retrieve ever larger workboats from their ships.