The Maritime Administrator of the Marshall Islands has extended its approval of the sophisticated K-Fleet Logbook system, enabling over 4000 flag state registered vessels to introduce digital reporting for oil record and garbage record logbooks.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Equipment and Services
After delays of almost two weeks following an unsuccessful repair to the hull of a 180m bulk carrier that ran aground offshore Las Palmas, Spain, Hydrex Underwater Technologies was approached to get the vessel sailing again.
Leading classification ClassNK’s subsidiary, ClassNK Consulting Service (NKCS) has officially launched its Bunker Fuel Oil Analysis Service.
Southeast Asia's Largest Concrete Floating Dry Dock Launched by Singapore Marine Engineering Company
Southeast Asia’s largest concrete floating dry dock has been launched by Singapore’s marine engineering company, GL Engineering & Construction Pte Ltd (GL E&C). Built in Batam, Indonesia with a local sub-contractor, the dry dock named ‘Peleke Nui’ has been specially commissioned by an American company, Marisco Limited. Costed at USD $12 million, the dry dock will be used for the construction, maintenance as well as repair of ships and naval crafts, serving international clients from the owner’s base in Hawaii, the United States of America.