It is estimated that damaged ship sterntubes are leaking some 57 million tonnes of lubricating oil in to the oceans every year, but by replacing these seals when the damage is first discovered, Hydrex in-situ repairs not only help towards reducing the environmental impact but can also save shipowners time and money.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Equipment and Services
Rolls-Royce, The Norwegian University of Technology Science (NTNU), research organisation SINTEF Ocean, and classification society DNV GL have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the aim of creating an open source digital platform for use in the development of new ships.
Korean Register (KR) - an IACS member classification society - has announced that it has signed an agreement with the government of Bangladesh to deliver services on behalf of the Bangladeshi flag administration, carrying out vessel surveys and issuing certificates in accordance with international conventions.
ClassNK releases latest version of container carrier structural design support software “PrimeShip-HULL for Container Carriers”
Leading classification society ClassNK has released its latest version of its structural design support software for container carriers “PrimeShip-HULL for Container Carriers.”