The running gear of a large number of vessels was coated with Ecoshield over the last couple of months. The applications were carried out in China, Ivory Coast, Turkey and Sweden on different types of ships. Among the vessels treated were several container vessels, car carriers, ferries and a tug.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Equipment and Services
World’s first class developed electronic certificate service “ClassNK e-Certificate” begins operations
Leading classification society ClassNK will commence operation of the world’s first comprehensive electronic certificate service for classification and statutory certificates from 15 June 2017. The service, ClassNK e-Certificate, will first be made available to Liberian-flagged vessels on the ClassNK register exclusively.
IMO Maritime Safety Committee has confirmed completion of the corrective actions requested by IMO to the International Association of Classification Societies’ (IACS) Common Structural Rules for Bulk Carriers and Oil Tankers (CSR BC&OT) under the agenda item 6, Goal-Based New Ship Construction Standards (GBS) at its 98th session held on 7 June 2017.
Whether you are looking for a fast, accurate way of measuring and recreating a boat hull to enable design changes or for remanufacture, the most reliable method of data capture is 3D optical measurement.