The role of Inmarsat (LSE:ISAT.L) as the sole provider of satellite technology performing to Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) standards is set for advancement, after an IMO Sub Committee decided to greenlight consideration of both FleetBroadband and Fleet One for formal approval.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Equipment and Services
International compressor supplier TMC Compressors (TMC) has been awarded a contract to supply complete marine compressed air systems for two VLCCs currently being built by Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME) in South Korea.
Award-winning seafarers’ nursing care home, Belvedere House of the Royal Alfred Seafarers’ Society, has launched an innovative training scheme to help staff better understand the life experiences of their residents and enable them to tailor care provision to best suit residents’ needs.
MacGregor, part of Cargotec, has recently opened a new facility in Arendal, Norway, which houses a training academy for customers. It specialises in advanced simulation training and has a purpose-built virtual reality (VR) showroom.