Speedcast International (ASX: SDA), one of the world’s leading providers of high-speed broadband connectivity to the global maritime industry, has signalled growing industry acceptance for Global Xpress-powered services from Inmarsat (LSE: ISAT.L) by adding more than 350 ships to the service roll-out plans it announced one year ago, including a number of high-end vessels in the energy, cruise and leisure markets.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Equipment and Services
Inside Marine has joined forces with the Marine & Coastal Civil Engineering Expo 2017 as an official partner ahead of the event’s highly anticipated return on the 27th and 28th of September at ExCeL London.
The running gear of a large number of vessels was coated with Ecoshield over the last couple of months. The applications were carried out in China, Ivory Coast, Turkey and Sweden on different types of ships. Among the vessels treated were several container vessels, car carriers, ferries and a tug.
World’s first class developed electronic certificate service “ClassNK e-Certificate” begins operations
Leading classification society ClassNK will commence operation of the world’s first comprehensive electronic certificate service for classification and statutory certificates from 15 June 2017. The service, ClassNK e-Certificate, will first be made available to Liberian-flagged vessels on the ClassNK register exclusively.