The International Association of Dredging Companies (IADC) has announced the appointment of Frank Verhoeven as the new President of the IADC Board of Directors.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Equipment and Services
Wärtsilä has signed a contract with Construcciones Navales del Norte SL (LaNaval) shipyard in Sestao, Spain for the design and supply of the LNG power and propulsion installation for a new RoRo passenger ferry, with an option for a second vessel. The ship is being built for Spanish owner Baleària, a leading operator serving the Balearic Islands. Wärtsilä will also provide inclusive project support services to the yard, including integration engineering and on-site consulting, as well as commissioning of the combined systems. The contract with Wärtsilä was signed in August 2016.
MacGregor, part of Cargotec, has won Pusnes deck machinery orders for a new series of 400,000 dwt very large ore carriers (VLOCs) under construction at Chinese shipyard, Qingdao Beihai Shipbuilding Heavy Industries. The orders are booked in Cargotec's 2016 third quarter order intake.
The Damen InvaSave ballast water treatment (BWT) system has won the Innovation in Port Equipment award at the inaugural IHS DPC Dredging and Port Construction Innovation Awards hosted by the Marriott Hotel in Mayfair, London. Damen InvaSave competed with four other finalists in its category to take the award.