The Ballast Water Management Convention (the Convention), aimed at establishing standards and procedures to prevent the spread of aquatic organisms, comes into force this 8 September. While it represents a significant environmental milestone for our planet, the Convention also means that the maritime industry has to gear up for a huge operational change.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Equipment and Services
CorteCros®, subsidiary of Cortec® Corporation has released new educational video demonstrating the efficiency of technological breakthrough line of environmentally friendly corrosion protection products for marine market – Bull Frog.
Technology group Wärtsilä and China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC) have signed a new joint venture company agreement.
Corvus Energy’s next generation Orca ESS has been selected for two new polar expedition vessels.