- Admiral Vidal Francisco Soberón Sanz takes part in a symbolic coin ceremony at Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
- New Harbor Commission President Sets Priorities
- Global marine group secures cable contract for rampion offshore wind farm
- MTU engines from rolls-royce to power harbour tugs for the first time with 90 tonnes of bullard pull.
- Cloud-technology revolutionises fleet and crew management at Norddeutsche Reederei H. Schuldt
- Uscg type approval tests complete for evoqua seacure® system
- EMSA launches a monitoring, reporting and verification system to help reduce CO2 emissions from shipping at EU level
- New Dometic XZ Watermaker Purifies Seawater and Fresh Water in a Single Compact Unit
- Go on a virtual tour of Tuco Marine’s latest high pressure cleaning vessel
- E2x corrosion proof warning devices benefit from major upgrades
Equipment and services
The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST), the world’s largest global marine and maritime professional body, opens an office in Shanghai, China.
Servowatch delivering its most advanced Integrated Platform Management System
The three year MacGregor Onboard Care (MOC) service agreement with Peter Döhle Schiffahrts Group will run until 2020.
Norway’s TTS supply first of four shipsets of TTS deck equipment to COSCO/Shanghai Shipyard in a deal signed in 2015.
Leading maritime communication company Marlink has added the first out of four additional Stena Line ships to its multi-band communications network.
Wärtsilä has signed a contract with Construcciones Navales del Norte SL (LaNaval) shipyard in Sestao, Spain for the design and supply of the LNG power and propulsion installation for a new RoRo passenger ferry, with an option for a second vessel. The ship is being built for Spanish owner Baleària, a leading operator serving the Balearic Islands. Wärtsilä will also provide inclusive project support services to the yard, including integration engineering and on-site consulting, as well as commissioning of the combined systems. The contract with Wärtsilä was signed in August 2016.
MacGregor, part of Cargotec, has won Pusnes deck machinery orders for a new series of 400,000 dwt very large ore carriers (VLOCs) under construction at Chinese shipyard, Qingdao Beihai Shipbuilding Heavy Industries. The orders are booked in Cargotec's 2016 third quarter order intake.