- Admiral Vidal Francisco Soberón Sanz takes part in a symbolic coin ceremony at Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
- New Harbor Commission President Sets Priorities
- Global marine group secures cable contract for rampion offshore wind farm
- MTU engines from rolls-royce to power harbour tugs for the first time with 90 tonnes of bullard pull.
- Cloud-technology revolutionises fleet and crew management at Norddeutsche Reederei H. Schuldt
- Uscg type approval tests complete for evoqua seacure® system
- EMSA launches a monitoring, reporting and verification system to help reduce CO2 emissions from shipping at EU level
- New Dometic XZ Watermaker Purifies Seawater and Fresh Water in a Single Compact Unit
- Go on a virtual tour of Tuco Marine’s latest high pressure cleaning vessel
- E2x corrosion proof warning devices benefit from major upgrades
Equipment and services
Samskip has announced that it will acquire activities associated with Nor Lines AS, in a major expansion of its shipping, transport and logistics businesses in Norway.
Entering new markets, Actisense, the multi-award winning NMEA specialists, has announced a distribution partnership with On Board Marine Group Ltd in Hong Kong.
The launch of the L'Astrolabe, a 72 metre polar logistics vessel fitted with a complete Wärtsilä propulsion machinery package and Wärtsilä NOR (NOx Reducer) SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) exhaust gas cleaning systems for all the main engines, took place on July 12.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS, Vlissingen) has awarded Radio Holland a large and innovative contract to supply the IT systems on board the state-of-the-art Antarctic Supply Research Vessel (ASRV) for the Australian Antarctic Division.
Leading classification society ClassNK hosted an anniversary party to commemorate 50 years of its Singapore Office on 18 July 2017. ClassNK’s Singapore Office was established in 1967 to strengthen its service network in Southeast Asia and cover surveys at ports around the region as well as to support its clients.
ClassNK Consulting Service Co., Ltd. developed next-generation diagnostic monitoring system “ClassNK CMAXS” has been chosen by Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL) for installation on two more ships operated by the company. The system is now installed on a total of six MOL-operated ships.