- Port of Kiel bids farewell to Knud Sörensen
- BIMCO and CIRM propose software maintenance standard for shipping
- Survitec Group goes global by adding extra engineers to lifeboat servicing programme
- Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada Celebrate the Launch of the First Large Vessel
- Port of Québec proposes construction of a container terminal
- Duncan Dunn appointed new Baltic Exchange Chairman
- Kongsberg Digital acquires a share of NSG Digital
- New appointments strengthen Mech-Tool Engineering
- MJM Group secures first drydock contract in China
- EURONAV opts for SERTICA Fleet Management
Equipment and Services
Tool enables developers to test land, maritime (fleet Xpress) and aeronautical GX applications and solutions off-air without a terminal.
eMaritime Group have developed the Beta Version for the world's first Live Constructive Simulation (LCS) maritime simulators. Life-like graphics and connecting live data from the shipping industry directly into the simulator create a fully immersive training environment.
Navios ShipManagement Inc., a member of Navios Group, has issued Belco Technologies Corporation (BELCO), a wholly-owned subsidiary of DuPont, with a letter of intent endorsing BELCO as the preferred supplier of exhaust gas cleaning systems (EGCS) for its vessels. The letter of intent also confirms that Navios and BELCO will carry out a joint feasibility study and techno-economic analysis of marine scrubbing units for retrofitting or new build installation on a variety of vessels, from bulk carriers to containers and tankers.
A deep water oil spill in the northeast Atlantic would be more difficult to combat than the Deepwater Horizon spill of 2015, and the use of a dispersant in those waters would create a subsea ‘dirty blizzard’ of marine oil snow, according to scientists.
• New Logo!Power series in reduced width of 18 mm to 72 mm
• Scope for flexible installation using DIN rail or direct mounting
• Efficiency of up to 90% and no-load losses below 0.3 watts (W)
• Current monitor for real-time measurement of output current
ABB’s Marine Academy has been recognized by classification society DNV GL for meeting its standards for maritime training. Operating in six locations around the globe, the Academy aims to reduce vessel downtime and improve safety through education.
Leading classification society ClassNK has received authorisation from the Liberian Registry to provide Liberian flagged vessels with electronic certificates for statutory surveys.