- Admiral Vidal Francisco Soberón Sanz takes part in a symbolic coin ceremony at Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
- New Harbor Commission President Sets Priorities
- Global marine group secures cable contract for rampion offshore wind farm
- MTU engines from rolls-royce to power harbour tugs for the first time with 90 tonnes of bullard pull.
- Cloud-technology revolutionises fleet and crew management at Norddeutsche Reederei H. Schuldt
- Uscg type approval tests complete for evoqua seacure® system
- EMSA launches a monitoring, reporting and verification system to help reduce CO2 emissions from shipping at EU level
- New Dometic XZ Watermaker Purifies Seawater and Fresh Water in a Single Compact Unit
- Go on a virtual tour of Tuco Marine’s latest high pressure cleaning vessel
- E2x corrosion proof warning devices benefit from major upgrades
Equipment and services
A new UK-based company which aims to address the immediate and long-term skills needs of the global marine energy sector, has launched today (Monday 10th July).
Kongsberg has announced the limited availability of a new turnkey HUGIN package, featuring the synonymous state-of-the-art Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) and all systems needed to store, transport, launch, operate and recover it from survey operations anywhere in the world.
Leading classification society ClassNK has released its annual report on Port State Control. The report aims to assist ship operators and management companies in maintaining compliant operations by providing information about ships detained by PSC as well as deficiencies that were found on board from many port states in 2016.
MacGregor, part of Cargotec, has signed a contract to supply oceanographic winches and Triplex deck handling systems to a ground-breaking new research vessel being built by the Fassmer shipyard in Berne, Germany.
It is estimated that damaged ship sterntubes are leaking some 57 million tonnes of lubricating oil in to the oceans every year, but by replacing these seals when the damage is first discovered, Hydrex in-situ repairs not only help towards reducing the environmental impact but can also save shipowners time and money.
Rolls-Royce, The Norwegian University of Technology Science (NTNU), research organisation SINTEF Ocean, and classification society DNV GL have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the aim of creating an open source digital platform for use in the development of new ships.
Korean Register (KR) - an IACS member classification society - has announced that it has signed an agreement with the government of Bangladesh to deliver services on behalf of the Bangladeshi flag administration, carrying out vessel surveys and issuing certificates in accordance with international conventions.
Leading classification society ClassNK has released its latest version of its structural design support software for container carriers “PrimeShip-HULL for Container Carriers.”