- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
- Massive private investments in port of Antwerp
- SCA Logistics Terminal inaugurated at Port of Kiel's Ostuferhafen
- ISS expands European business with Team Tankers International
Equipment and Services
The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST), the world’s largest global marine and maritime professional body, opens an office in Shanghai, China.
Servowatch delivering its most advanced Integrated Platform Management System
The three year MacGregor Onboard Care (MOC) service agreement with Peter Döhle Schiffahrts Group will run until 2020.
Norway’s TTS supply first of four shipsets of TTS deck equipment to COSCO/Shanghai Shipyard in a deal signed in 2015.
Leading maritime communication company Marlink has added the first out of four additional Stena Line ships to its multi-band communications network.
Wärtsilä has signed a contract with Construcciones Navales del Norte SL (LaNaval) shipyard in Sestao, Spain for the design and supply of the LNG power and propulsion installation for a new RoRo passenger ferry, with an option for a second vessel. The ship is being built for Spanish owner Baleària, a leading operator serving the Balearic Islands. Wärtsilä will also provide inclusive project support services to the yard, including integration engineering and on-site consulting, as well as commissioning of the combined systems. The contract with Wärtsilä was signed in August 2016.
MacGregor, part of Cargotec, has won Pusnes deck machinery orders for a new series of 400,000 dwt very large ore carriers (VLOCs) under construction at Chinese shipyard, Qingdao Beihai Shipbuilding Heavy Industries. The orders are booked in Cargotec's 2016 third quarter order intake.
The Damen InvaSave ballast water treatment (BWT) system has won the Innovation in Port Equipment award at the inaugural IHS DPC Dredging and Port Construction Innovation Awards hosted by the Marriott Hotel in Mayfair, London. Damen InvaSave competed with four other finalists in its category to take the award.