- Port of Kiel bids farewell to Knud Sörensen
- BIMCO and CIRM propose software maintenance standard for shipping
- Survitec Group goes global by adding extra engineers to lifeboat servicing programme
- Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada Celebrate the Launch of the First Large Vessel
- Port of Québec proposes construction of a container terminal
- Duncan Dunn appointed new Baltic Exchange Chairman
- Kongsberg Digital acquires a share of NSG Digital
- New appointments strengthen Mech-Tool Engineering
- MJM Group secures first drydock contract in China
- EURONAV opts for SERTICA Fleet Management
Equipment and Services
Leading global coatings manufacturer Hempel has launched two new premium antifouling coatings, Globic 9500M and Globic 9500S.
On the 24th of October the ¡VAMOS! consortium, Advisory Board Members, and interested external parties were invited for a live demonstration of the ¡VAMOS! technology at the Imerys Minerals Ltd test site in Lee Moor, Devon, UK.
Leading classification society ClassNK picked up the Lloyd's List Safer, Cleaner Seas Award for raising global awareness and environmental standards through its ship recycling activities at the 20th Lloyd’s List Asia Pacific Awards in Singapore last night.
ABB Turbo Systems Ltd. has signed an agreement to acquire Tekomar Group Ltd. headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland.
McMurdo’s game-changing SmartFind G8 AIS, the world’s first AIS EPIRB, received a British Marine Electrical and Electronics Association (BMEEA) Product of the Year award at the trade association’s annual conference, held on 18th October.
Finning UK & Ireland (Finning) has been selected to supply Cat® propulsion engines to two new fishery patrol vessels, as part of a contract awarded to Mainstay Marine Solutions by the Welsh Government.
Freight ferry operator Seatruck has made a little bit of history in the ballast water treatment (BWT) segment by installing five systems itself while its vessels were undertaking normal operations.