- Port of Kiel bids farewell to Knud Sörensen
- BIMCO and CIRM propose software maintenance standard for shipping
- Survitec Group goes global by adding extra engineers to lifeboat servicing programme
- Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada Celebrate the Launch of the First Large Vessel
- Port of Québec proposes construction of a container terminal
- Duncan Dunn appointed new Baltic Exchange Chairman
- Kongsberg Digital acquires a share of NSG Digital
- New appointments strengthen Mech-Tool Engineering
- MJM Group secures first drydock contract in China
- EURONAV opts for SERTICA Fleet Management
Equipment and Services
As part of a group-wide strategy to strengthen its management team and ensure continuing high standards of customer service, LOC Group – a leading, global marine and engineering consultancy – has announced two major enhancements to its senior team.
The technology group Wärtsilä, through its joint venture company CSSC Wärtsilä Engine (Shanghai) Co (CWEC), has been contracted to deliver 16 engines for four new LNG carrier vessels being built at the Hudong Zhonghua shipyard in China.
Mackay Communications Inc, a worldwide marine electronics and airtime service provider, has announced it has signed a Partner agreement with Inmarsat to distribute its award-winning Fleet Xpress service to the global maritime market including deep sea vessels, commercial fishing, oil and gas, defence, and cruise-passenger lines.
British diesel engine innovator, Cox Powertrain, has named Florida based Sun Power Diesel as the latest US distributor of its revolutionary CXO300 diesel outboard engine.
GNS has unveiled VOYAGER Hub, an applications platform designed from the ground up to make using the maritime software onboard vessels easier and to help protect against cyber threats.
Adding to their enviable worldwide reputation as specialist marine electronics exporters, Actisense in Poole have won a regional British Chamber Award.
A new digital training resource is set to support organisations in the maritime industry as they seek to improve attitudes and awareness regarding workplace incidents.
Wärtsilä opens the first of four Digital Acceleration Centres to speed up the innovation and co-creation with customers on a range of new business models and solutions, including the industry’s most advanced intelligent vessel and other ground-breaking projects.