- Admiral Vidal Francisco Soberón Sanz takes part in a symbolic coin ceremony at Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
- New Harbor Commission President Sets Priorities
- Global marine group secures cable contract for rampion offshore wind farm
- MTU engines from rolls-royce to power harbour tugs for the first time with 90 tonnes of bullard pull.
- Cloud-technology revolutionises fleet and crew management at Norddeutsche Reederei H. Schuldt
- Uscg type approval tests complete for evoqua seacure® system
- EMSA launches a monitoring, reporting and verification system to help reduce CO2 emissions from shipping at EU level
- New Dometic XZ Watermaker Purifies Seawater and Fresh Water in a Single Compact Unit
- Go on a virtual tour of Tuco Marine’s latest high pressure cleaning vessel
- E2x corrosion proof warning devices benefit from major upgrades
Equipment and services
Speedcast International (ASX: SDA), one of the world’s leading providers of high-speed broadband connectivity to the global maritime industry, has signalled growing industry acceptance for Global Xpress-powered services from Inmarsat (LSE: ISAT.L) by adding more than 350 ships to the service roll-out plans it announced one year ago, including a number of high-end vessels in the energy, cruise and leisure markets.
Inside Marine has joined forces with the Marine & Coastal Civil Engineering Expo 2017 as an official partner ahead of the event’s highly anticipated return on the 27th and 28th of September at ExCeL London.
The running gear of a large number of vessels was coated with Ecoshield over the last couple of months. The applications were carried out in China, Ivory Coast, Turkey and Sweden on different types of ships. Among the vessels treated were several container vessels, car carriers, ferries and a tug.
Leading classification society ClassNK will commence operation of the world’s first comprehensive electronic certificate service for classification and statutory certificates from 15 June 2017. The service, ClassNK e-Certificate, will first be made available to Liberian-flagged vessels on the ClassNK register exclusively.
IMO Maritime Safety Committee has confirmed completion of the corrective actions requested by IMO to the International Association of Classification Societies’ (IACS) Common Structural Rules for Bulk Carriers and Oil Tankers (CSR BC&OT) under the agenda item 6, Goal-Based New Ship Construction Standards (GBS) at its 98th session held on 7 June 2017.
Wood Group has been awarded a new industrial services contract by BAE Systems Submarines. Effective immediately, the two-year contract is to provide insulation installation services to the UK Royal Navy’s Astute class submarines based in Barrow-in-Furness, and includes up to three one-year extension options.
Finnish manufacturer of electric drivetrains for heavy duty vehicles on land and sea Visedo is set to deliver breakthrough electrification of new marine applications after signing partnership deals with two industry-leading firms.