- Port of Kiel bids farewell to Knud Sörensen
- BIMCO and CIRM propose software maintenance standard for shipping
- Survitec Group goes global by adding extra engineers to lifeboat servicing programme
- Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada Celebrate the Launch of the First Large Vessel
- Port of Québec proposes construction of a container terminal
- Duncan Dunn appointed new Baltic Exchange Chairman
- Kongsberg Digital acquires a share of NSG Digital
- New appointments strengthen Mech-Tool Engineering
- MJM Group secures first drydock contract in China
- EURONAV opts for SERTICA Fleet Management
Equipment and Services
Global Marine Group, a leading provider of offshore engineering services, announced recently that Global Marine Systems Limited has entered into an agreement with Fugro N.V. under which GMG will acquire Fugro’s trenching and cable lay services business.
Offshore Towing Inc (OTI) has successfully completed the extensive refurbishment of its 1974-built 9000hp-class tug Zion Falgout at the Conrad Deepwater shipyard, in Morgan City, Louisiana, U.S.A.
Turnover and profits are up and growth is accelerating at advanced engineering specialist Stirling Dynamics which saw revenue pass the £10m mark for the first time in its 30-year history.
Potential enablers which will assist subsea supply chain companies to break into the growing wave and tidal energy sectors, and associated technological barriers to their progress, have been identified by NSRI (National Subsea Research Initiative).
Kongsberg Maritime has successfully completed the installation of an extensive suite of Simrad marine ecosystem assessment technology aboard the Victor Angelescu, the Argentinian National Institute of Fisheries Research and Development's (INIDEP) new oceanographic and fishing research vessel.
Corvus Energy has announced that it has been selected by Rolls-Royce as the supplier of a lithium-ion based energy storage system (ESS) for the Norwegian Coastal Administration’s new multipurpose vessel OV Ryvingen.
ACO Marine has begun marketing its next-generation Lipator and Lipatomat grease separators, following the successful development of a new pneumatic valve and the standardisation of component parts.