- Vision of the Fjords wins universal accessibility award from DOGA
- Advent Intermodal Solutions releases eModalPRO™ data services
- Mackay Communications & Inmarsat’s Fleet Xpress Partnership
- South Florida Diesel Specialist Named as Cox Distributor in Key Target Region
- GNS launches VOYAGER Hub: a new generation back of bridge software solution for commercial shipping
- Actisense Wins British Chamber Awards Regional Export Business of the Year Accolade
- Online learning is the new key to incident investigation
- Wärtsilä uses start-up mindset to accelerate Intelligent Vessel outcomes
- The construction of New West Port in Kalundborg has begun
- Kongsberg completes Installation of Cutting-Edge Marine Ecosystem Assessment Solution on new Argentinian Research Ship
Equipment and Services
Entering new markets, Actisense, the multi-award winning NMEA specialists, has announced a distribution partnership with On Board Marine Group Ltd in Hong Kong.
The launch of the L'Astrolabe, a 72 metre polar logistics vessel fitted with a complete Wärtsilä propulsion machinery package and Wärtsilä NOR (NOx Reducer) SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) exhaust gas cleaning systems for all the main engines, took place on July 12.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS, Vlissingen) has awarded Radio Holland a large and innovative contract to supply the IT systems on board the state-of-the-art Antarctic Supply Research Vessel (ASRV) for the Australian Antarctic Division.
Leading classification society ClassNK hosted an anniversary party to commemorate 50 years of its Singapore Office on 18 July 2017. ClassNK’s Singapore Office was established in 1967 to strengthen its service network in Southeast Asia and cover surveys at ports around the region as well as to support its clients.
ClassNK Consulting Service Co., Ltd. developed next-generation diagnostic monitoring system “ClassNK CMAXS” has been chosen by Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL) for installation on two more ships operated by the company. The system is now installed on a total of six MOL-operated ships.
Dual mode tracking over GSM and satellite with added communication functionality supports safety and improves logistics in remote and hazardous environments.
MELCAL has installed and commissioned an offshore personnel lift knuckle telescopic boom crane KL500T2M for Huisman, a worldwide operating company with extensive experience in the design and manufacturing of heavy construction equipment.