The technology group Wärtsilä will provide a complete LNG package, comprising the Wärtsilä 31DF engine, gearbox, and LNGPac storage, supply and control system for two new ferries being built on behalf of Ferry Sunflower, a subsidiary of Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL).
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
A new wave of island flair has arrived in the Southern Caribbean as Royal Caribbean International’s newly amplified Freedom of the Seas has debuted its $116 million transformation in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
In a milestone for the marine industry, ABB’s solutions on board a large passenger ship have been awarded cybersecurity verification from classification society DNV GL.
The technology group Wärtsilä has again been selected to provide an integrated system consisting of the LNG plant, dual-fuel engines, and electrical propulsion system for the latest addition to Vancouver, Canada based BC Ferries’ series of Salish Class vessels.
Celebrity Silhouette has returned from a 42-day bow-to-stern makeover, ready to transform the way modern travellers will experience the world.
Special celebrations were held in Savona for the naming ceremony of Costa Smeralda, Costa Cruises’ new flagship, powered by liquefied natural gas.