Ice-class passenger ferry Suomenlinna II was remotely piloted through test area near Helsinki harbour, proving that human oversight of vessels from anywhere is achievable with today’s technologies
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
Thailand’s first all-electric commuter ferry was recently placed into service by the Bangkok Metropolitan Authority, powered by Torqeedo.
Following the success of the 2018 series, Holland America Line has announced dates for the 2019 Food & Beverage Aficionado Cruises.
In the summer of 2020, SEA CLOUD and SEA CLOUD II will receive a new sister.
The Fjords DA has announced plans to add another all-electric passenger vessel to its award-winning fleet, with the news that Legacy of The Fjords is now under construction at Brødrene Aa.
ABB has won its first marine automation system contract for a cruise ferry in China, after the technology package for Chinese-built Viking Line vessel has been extended to include the ABB Ability™ System 800xA.