Wärtsilä to perform engine maintenance and monitoring work for 79 of Carnival Corporation's vessels in a deal worth approximately €900 million
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
Seapan Swift, a new hybrid ferry begins service between British Columbia and Vancouver.
Norwegian headquartered designer and shipbuilder of offshore and specialised vessels VARD has secured contracts for the construction of two LNG powered car and passenger ferries for ferry operator Torghatten Nord in Norway in a deal worth approximately NOK 600 million.
AS Tallink Grupp the leading passenger transportation company on the Baltic Sea, transported its highest number of passengers in 2016, reaching nearly 9.5 million passengers for the first time in company`s history.
Seastreak has chosen MTU to power a new Commodore-class catamaran and to repower three Seastreak-class vessels. Seastreak, a premier fast passenger ferry service in the New York metropolitan area, initiated these fleet improvements as a part of a $24 million capital program that aims to raise the bar in New York’s fast passenger ferry service.
The largest fast passenger ferry order for a UK shipyard in over 25 years has been confirmed by MBNA Thames Clippers. Two new 170 capacity passenger boats will be built at the Wight Shipyard Co on the Isle of Wight, and will join London’s growing river transport network in summer 2017.