A&P Tyne is on track for a strong 2017-18 ferry season, having just completed work with DFDS Seaways for the King Seaways and Princess Seaways vessels.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
MSC Group and Onorato Armatori have signed a historic contract with Guangzhou Shipyard International (GSI) for the order of four luxurious RoPax ferries. OSK-ShipTech is behind the concept design for the largest ferry order ever.
On 7th February 2018, Wightlink’s new environmentally-friendly ferry Victoria of Wight went down the slipway at the Cemre shipyard in Yalova, Turkey, to cheers from Wightlink staff and hundreds of shipyard workers. She will become the company’s flagship on the Portsmouth-Fishbourne route.
Survitec secures contract with VARD to equip Ponant cruise vessels with rescue boats and safety equipment
Survitec has been awarded the contract to provide rescue boats and safety equipment for several new Ponant cruise vessels set to be delivered in 2018.
Fincantieri has contracted TMC Compressors (TMC) to supply compressed air systems to the four vessels the Italian shipbuilder is constructing for Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCL).
A&P Group’s Falmouth facility is part way through a repair, refit and renewal project for Condor Ferries, namely dry-docking four cross-Channel ferries back-to-back to carry out the required work.