Galicia and Salamanca will be the names of Brittany Ferries new ships arriving in 2021 and 2022 respectively. The names were chosen following a competition among Brittany Ferries’ staff and follow confirmation of the ships’ charter last month.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
Corvus Energy has announced that the company has been selected by Norwegian Electric System (NES) to supply lithium-ion battery-based energy storage systems (ESS) for two new all-electric ferries being built by Havyard for Norwegian ferry operator Fjord1.
The biggest cruise ship of this year’s summer season arrived in the Port of Kiel on 28th April at the end of a journey across the Atlantic.
The number of cars taken by ferry has increased from 8.70 to 8.77 million in 2017 – a 1% increase.
The technology group Wärtsilä and Viking Line, a Finnish ferry company, have signed an Optimised Maintenance agreement for the Wärtsilä LNGPac system onboard passenger ferry Viking Grace.
Tourist ship owner and operator The Fjords has taken delivery of a vessel it believes sets new standards for environmentally responsible passenger transport.