In line with its “Electric. Digital. Connected.” vision for the maritime industry, ABB is playing a key role in Holland American Line’s goals of embracing new technologies to further minimise the environmental impact of its fleet.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
The technology group Wärtsilä’s 31DF dual-fuel engine, which emphasises outstanding efficiency, extremely economical fuel consumption, and minimal emissions, has been selected to power a new and highly advanced, pioneering cruise vessel.
The cruise ship “Viking Sky” sailed into the Kiel Fiord on her maiden visit to Kiel early on Tuesday morning escorted by a water fountain display from a local tug.
Holland America Line is introducing Rolling Stone Rock Room, a new classic rock club developed in partnership with Rolling Stone, the world’s leading authority in music.
‘Red Goes Green’ is the name given to Red Funnel’s new long-term environmental strategy announced recently.
Global Ports Holding Plc has announced that it has signed a 20-year concession agreement between its operating subsidiary Zadar International Port Operations d.o.o. and the Port Authority of Zadar for the operating rights of the Gazenica cruise port in Zadar, Croatia.