VARD Holdings Limited, one of the major global designers and shipbuilders of specialised vessels, is pleased to announce that it has secured a contract for the construction of one car- and passenger ferry for Boreal in Norway.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
The total number of passengers who travelled with Viking Line in 2017 was nearly 6% more than in 2016. That figure is the highest in Viking Line’s history.
Irish Continental Group plc has recently entered into an agreement, with the German company Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesselschaft & Co.KG, whereby FSG has agreed to build a cruise ferry for ICG at a contract price of €165.2 million. Upon completion, it will be the largest cruise ferry in the world in terms of vehicle capacity.
Interior outfitters, MJM Group has secured a contract with Star Cruises which will see the company carry out its first drydock project in China.
Schulte Marine Concept (S.M.C), the project management arm of leading international maritime services company Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM), working together with Bernhard Schulte Cruise Services (BS Cruise), has won its first cruise ship contract with Portugal-based Mystic Cruises.
Incat Crowther has passed a significant milestone with the launch of their 500th vessel, Champion.