The first expedition cruise vessel in SunStone’s INFINITY class series was named ‘Greg Mortimer’ at the China Merchants Heavy Industry Haimen base on 6th September 2019.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
The technology group Wärtsilä will supply a broad scope of solutions that will support Hurtigruten, the world’s largest expedition cruise operator, in its push for greener and more sustainable shipping.
Hamburg’s love for cruise-related and maritime events of all kinds will reach its peak between 13th and 15th September, when, during the 7th Hamburg Cruise Days, the city’s port will be setting the stage for the cruise industry and cruise fans alike.
Wärtsilä’s Auto Gasification solution to provide sustainable waste disposal for Princess Cruises vessel
The technology group Wärtsilä will supply and install an Auto Gasification solution for the ‘Regal Princess’, a Princess Cruises vessel.
Through giant makeovers, three Hurtigruten vessels will be transformed into premium, hybrid-powered expedition cruise ships.
ALE’s bespoke design enabled the successful launch of the ferry ‘Red Kestrel’ in Birkenhead, UK, which has been designed to have a reduced environmental footprint and will now provide additional freight capacity between Southampton and East Cowes, with space for up to 12 heavy goods vehicles.