ABB has won its first marine automation system contract for a cruise ferry in China, after the technology package for Chinese-built Viking Line vessel has been extended to include the ABB Ability™ System 800xA.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
In June this year, the Norwegian Maritime Authority circulated for review new legislation for reduced emissions and discharges and a cleaner environment in the Nærøyfjord, Aurlandsfjord, Geirangerfjord, Sunnylvsfjord and Tafjord.
Recently, ship owner SunStone Ships declared the first option at the CMHI yard in the INFINITY-class series of expedition cruise vessel designs.
Short getaways are in for a double dose of adventure.
MBNA Thames Clippers took the latest step in its incredible success story with the naming of its newest and biggest-ever boat.
In line with its “Electric. Digital. Connected.” vision for the maritime industry, ABB is playing a key role in Holland American Line’s goals of embracing new technologies to further minimise the environmental impact of its fleet.