ABB signs contract with Cochin Shipyard Ltd, the largest shipbuilding and maintenance facility in India, to deliver a first-ever integrated power and automation package to an Indian shipowner.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
The Bellona Foundation and Carnival Corporation & plc the world’s largest cruise company with nine global cruise line brands, have signed an agreement of cooperation where the parties agree to work together to continue improving environmental and sustainability impact.
The well-established position of Bolidt Synthetic Products and Systems decking and flooring in mainstream cruise ship and superyacht markets has been quickly converted into a series of business wins in the fast-emerging polar expedition cruise ship sector.
Galicia and Salamanca will be the names of Brittany Ferries new ships arriving in 2021 and 2022 respectively. The names were chosen following a competition among Brittany Ferries’ staff and follow confirmation of the ships’ charter last month.
Corvus Energy has announced that the company has been selected by Norwegian Electric System (NES) to supply lithium-ion battery-based energy storage systems (ESS) for two new all-electric ferries being built by Havyard for Norwegian ferry operator Fjord1.
The biggest cruise ship of this year’s summer season arrived in the Port of Kiel on 28th April at the end of a journey across the Atlantic.