Fincantieri has contracted TMC Compressors (TMC) to supply compressed air systems to the four vessels the Italian shipbuilder is constructing for Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCL).
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
A&P Group’s Falmouth facility is part way through a repair, refit and renewal project for Condor Ferries, namely dry-docking four cross-Channel ferries back-to-back to carry out the required work.
VARD Holdings Limited, one of the major global designers and shipbuilders of specialised vessels, is pleased to announce that it has secured a contract for the construction of one car- and passenger ferry for Boreal in Norway.
The total number of passengers who travelled with Viking Line in 2017 was nearly 6% more than in 2016. That figure is the highest in Viking Line’s history.
Irish Continental Group plc has recently entered into an agreement, with the German company Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesselschaft & Co.KG, whereby FSG has agreed to build a cruise ferry for ICG at a contract price of €165.2 million. Upon completion, it will be the largest cruise ferry in the world in terms of vehicle capacity.
Interior outfitters, MJM Group has secured a contract with Star Cruises which will see the company carry out its first drydock project in China.