The number of cars taken by ferry has increased from 8.70 to 8.77 million in 2017 – a 1% increase.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
The technology group Wärtsilä and Viking Line, a Finnish ferry company, have signed an Optimised Maintenance agreement for the Wärtsilä LNGPac system onboard passenger ferry Viking Grace.
Tourist ship owner and operator The Fjords has taken delivery of a vessel it believes sets new standards for environmentally responsible passenger transport.
Viking has announced that its fourth ocean ship, Viking Sun, was officially named during a spectacular celebration on The Bund, in the heart of Shanghai.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd., a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands, today unveiled the design of the new and dedicated Norwegian Cruise Line terminal at PortMiami.
To coincide with the opening of ITB Berlin Travel Show and Seatrade Cruise Global in Fort Lauderdale, the CMV Travel and Leisure Group has announced the acquisition of Pacific Eden from P&O Cruises Australia.