MBNA Thames Clippers took the latest step in its incredible success story with the naming of its newest and biggest-ever boat.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
In line with its “Electric. Digital. Connected.” vision for the maritime industry, ABB is playing a key role in Holland American Line’s goals of embracing new technologies to further minimise the environmental impact of its fleet.
The technology group Wärtsilä’s 31DF dual-fuel engine, which emphasises outstanding efficiency, extremely economical fuel consumption, and minimal emissions, has been selected to power a new and highly advanced, pioneering cruise vessel.
The cruise ship “Viking Sky” sailed into the Kiel Fiord on her maiden visit to Kiel early on Tuesday morning escorted by a water fountain display from a local tug.
Holland America Line is introducing Rolling Stone Rock Room, a new classic rock club developed in partnership with Rolling Stone, the world’s leading authority in music.
‘Red Goes Green’ is the name given to Red Funnel’s new long-term environmental strategy announced recently.