This year’s cruise shipping season opens in Kiel on April 9th with a call by “AIDAcara”. Up to the middle of October 28 different cruise ships will berth in the port a total of 142 times while up to half a million passengers are expected to go ashore or embark.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
A global maritime consultancy is setting the stage for the world’s first-year round luxury rock’n’roll cruise venture.
The first ship delivery made to Viking Cruises in 2017 by Fincantieri has entered service, becoming the latest in a series of the cruise operator’s ocean-going vessels that are distinguished by environmentally-friendly decking and flooring from Bolidt.
Foreship has secured a major design consultancy contract covering the first post-Ballast Water Convention treatment systems to be specified by Norwegian Cruise Line.
Grieving families affected by the Herald of Free Enterprise disaster gathered to mark the 30th anniversary memorial service in Dover on March 6.
Bolidt, has launched a unique and ‘world-first’ glow-in-the-dark decking solution for the cruise industry whose luminosity by night harvests solar energy stored during the day.