- Hapag-Lloyd successfully completes capital increase
- South Florida Diesel Specialist Named as Cox Distributor in Key Target Region
- Rickmers-Line and RZ Carrier certified according to latest ISO standards
- GNS launches VOYAGER Hub: a new generation back of bridge software solution for commercial shipping
- Actisense Wins British Chamber Awards Regional Export Business of the Year Accolade
- Online learning is the new key to incident investigation
- Wärtsilä uses start-up mindset to accelerate Intelligent Vessel outcomes
- The construction of New West Port in Kalundborg has begun
- ExxonMobil Survey Reveals No Clear Route to Compliance with 2020 Global Sulphur Cap
- AMELS signs new 78-metre full custom yacht
Ferries and Cruises
Finnish manufacturer of heavy duty electric drivetrains Visedo is focused on hastening the transition to hybrid and electric marine vessels, including ferries, across the Asia Pacific region with the opening of a new office in Hong Kong.
This year’s cruise shipping season opens in Kiel on April 9th with a call by “AIDAcara”. Up to the middle of October 28 different cruise ships will berth in the port a total of 142 times while up to half a million passengers are expected to go ashore or embark.
The first ship delivery made to Viking Cruises in 2017 by Fincantieri has entered service, becoming the latest in a series of the cruise operator’s ocean-going vessels that are distinguished by environmentally-friendly decking and flooring from Bolidt.
Foreship has secured a major design consultancy contract covering the first post-Ballast Water Convention treatment systems to be specified by Norwegian Cruise Line.
Grieving families affected by the Herald of Free Enterprise disaster gathered to mark the 30th anniversary memorial service in Dover on March 6.