- Agreement to transfer the remaining 49% interest in Höegh Grace to Höegh LNG Partners LP
- Atlantic Offshore Scotland Ltd Secures Two Year Charter with Maersk Oil UK
- Europort confirms role as international maritime business hub
- Ocean Signal Announces Appointment of Nordwest-Funk as Distributor for Germany
- PG secures wellboat pump deals
- OSM wins crew management for Lauritzen Kosan’s entire fleet of 26 vessels
- ACO Marine introduces new Clarimar MF for LY3 yachts
- Inmarsat transforms seafarer safety infrastructure with SafetyNET II launch
- Tuco Marine launches Denmark’s first workboats capable of remote controlled and autonomous operation
- MSC Awarded 5 Star “DNV GL Excellence” for Ship Management
Ferries and Cruises
Mega yacht reaches Antarctica’s Ross Ice Shelf and sets new record during 22-day
Ross Sea Expedition
Wärtsilä to perform engine maintenance and monitoring work for 79 of Carnival Corporation's vessels in a deal worth approximately €900 million
Seapan Swift, a new hybrid ferry begins service between British Columbia and Vancouver.
Norwegian headquartered designer and shipbuilder of offshore and specialised vessels VARD has secured contracts for the construction of two LNG powered car and passenger ferries for ferry operator Torghatten Nord in Norway in a deal worth approximately NOK 600 million.
Seastreak has chosen MTU to power a new Commodore-class catamaran and to repower three Seastreak-class vessels. Seastreak, a premier fast passenger ferry service in the New York metropolitan area, initiated these fleet improvements as a part of a $24 million capital program that aims to raise the bar in New York’s fast passenger ferry service.
The largest fast passenger ferry order for a UK shipyard in over 25 years has been confirmed by MBNA Thames Clippers. Two new 170 capacity passenger boats will be built at the Wight Shipyard Co on the Isle of Wight, and will join London’s growing river transport network in summer 2017.
Kongsberg Maritime technology has been chosen for installation aboard Australian cruise line Scenic Cruises’ new ice class cruise ship. The 228 passenger, 168m long Scenic Eclipse features an ice strengthened hull, but with sleek lines and a myriad of state-of-the art technology and luxury fittings, taking its design cues from the exclusive world of billionaire’s megayachts. Scenic Eclipse is currently under construction at Uljanik Shipyard in Croatia, with delivery expected during 2018.