- Port of Kiel bids farewell to Knud Sörensen
- BIMCO and CIRM propose software maintenance standard for shipping
- Survitec Group goes global by adding extra engineers to lifeboat servicing programme
- Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada Celebrate the Launch of the First Large Vessel
- Port of Québec proposes construction of a container terminal
- Duncan Dunn appointed new Baltic Exchange Chairman
- Kongsberg Digital acquires a share of NSG Digital
- New appointments strengthen Mech-Tool Engineering
- MJM Group secures first drydock contract in China
- EURONAV opts for SERTICA Fleet Management
Ports and Harbours
The Québec Port Authority (QPA) has announced its plan to build a container terminal at the site of the Beauport 2020 project.
Emirates Global Aluminium, the largest industrial company outside oil and gas, has signed a long-term port facility agreement with Abu Dhabi Ports to use some of the world’s largest bulk cargo vessels to import raw materials through Khalifa Port. With this agreement, Abu Dhabi Ports will be able to develop the port to become the first in the Gulf capable of directly handling these massive ships.
ABB has added Shanghai to its global network of ABB Ability™ Collaborative Operation Centres, after formally opening a new facility to coincide with Marintec 2017. The centre supports the shipping industry’s journey towards digitalisation and ultimately safer and more efficient vessel operations.
The Port of Hamburg has recently announced that in all four Hamburg container terminals, a time slot-booking system for handling container deliveries and collections by truck will be introduced.
Europort’s vital role as a hub for global maritime business was reflected in its continuing attractiveness to international visitors and a series of business deals signed while the 2017 event was in session.
AG&P, the Philippines-based company at the forefront of providing pragmatic, end-to-end LNG delivery solutions, has signed an exclusivity with Karaikal Port Pvt. Ltd, to develop an LNG import terminal at the Port, including LNG sourcing and supply.