The world’s first zero-emissions top handlers, unveiled last fall as part of a pre-commercial demonstration project at the Port of Los Angeles, are now being used in daily operations at the Everport Container Terminal.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- PSA’s Bharat Mumbai Container Terminals enhances Nhava Sheva connectivity with first barge and train volumes
Ports and Harbours
Associated British Ports, the UK’s leading and best-connected port owner and operator, announced it has successfully embedded drone technology into its asset management practices and policies, following an 18 month programme.
The Port of Sète and its community are taking a new step towards becoming a smart port of the future.
UK DOCKS has continued to invest in its Teesside ship repair facility with the purchase of two Nelcon dockside cranes from the Port of Workington.
Ports throughout Europe have been hit hard by the current Covid-19 pandemic. This can be seen clearly in the recently published volume statistics from Europe’s largest ports. They are also feeling the knock-on effect of cancelled calls – in many cases up to 30 per cent. In contrast, the Port of Gothenburg has increased its container volume, there have been no cancelled calls, and none are planned.
Odfjell has announced that Odfjell Terminals (China) Pte. Ltd (OTC) has completed a sale of its 50% shareholding of Odfjell Terminals (Dalian) Co Ltd. (OTD) to VTTI Terminals I BV, a subsidiary of VTTI group, for a total cash consideration of USD 59 million.