The 2017 cruise shipping season ended in Kiel on 21st October 2017, with a visit from the “AIDAvita”. This year the port was visited on 143 separate occasions by 29 different cruise ships with a combined total ten million GT.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ports and Harbours
As the first ferry company in the Port of Trelleborg, Stena Line will be connecting its two vessels M/S Skåne and M/S Mecklenburg-Vorpommern to the electricity grid during calls into port.
Advent Intermodal Solutions, LLC. has released eModalPRO™ Data Services (EDS), a new platform to enable data collaboration between container terminals and supply chain stakeholders.
The first stone in the construction New West Port in Kalundborg was thrown over the railing and into Kalundborg Fjord right at the place where Kalundborg’s brand new port area will be completed in a couple of years.
Trainers from an Aberdeen-based risk management specialist are working closely with Aberdeen Harbour to further strengthen the organisation’s incident investigation capabilities.
APM Terminals Gothenburg has signed an agreement with the staffing agency Adecco to hire temporary personnel effective from 1st October 2017 to address ad-hoc extra staffing needs at peak times.