The port authorities of Antwerp, Hamburg, Rotterdam, Le Havre and Bremen/ Bremerhaven have come out in strong support of the submissions to designate the North Sea and the Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas (NECA) by 2021.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ports and Harbours
The port of Antwerp has unveiled its huge investment plans for the next few years. The SEA-Invest group is planning construction of a new tanker terminal in the Delwaide dock representing an investment of €250m.
The Gibraltar Port Authority (GPA) has joined the Society for Gas as a Marine Fuel (SGMF). SGMF is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) established to promote safety and industry best practice in the use of gas as a marine fuel with over 100 members, including key ports such as Singapore, Rotterdam, and some of the most well-known suppliers and operators in this field.