- Admiral Vidal Francisco Soberón Sanz takes part in a symbolic coin ceremony at Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
- New Harbor Commission President Sets Priorities
- Global marine group secures cable contract for rampion offshore wind farm
- MTU engines from rolls-royce to power harbour tugs for the first time with 90 tonnes of bullard pull.
- Cloud-technology revolutionises fleet and crew management at Norddeutsche Reederei H. Schuldt
- Uscg type approval tests complete for evoqua seacure® system
- EMSA launches a monitoring, reporting and verification system to help reduce CO2 emissions from shipping at EU level
- New Dometic XZ Watermaker Purifies Seawater and Fresh Water in a Single Compact Unit
- Go on a virtual tour of Tuco Marine’s latest high pressure cleaning vessel
- E2x corrosion proof warning devices benefit from major upgrades
Ports and Harbours
The Long Beach Board of Harbor Commissioners has appointed Duane Kenagy as the Port of Long Beach’s Deputy Executive Director. Kenagy most recently served as Interim Chief Executive, overseeing the nation’s second-busiest seaport during the search that ended in naming Mario Cordero as Executive Director.
Crews from ABP’s ports of Lowestoft, Ipswich and King’s Lynn took part in this year’s East Anglia Dragon Festival to raise funds for the East Coast Hospice.
Grant workshop at the PortTwo workshops to assist applicants with their submissions for the Port of Long Beach's Community Grants Program will be held this month. The first workshop, on the Community Health Program, will be Wednesday, May 10, at 2 p.m.; the second, on the Air Filtration Program, will be Thursday, May 25, at 2 p.m.
One of the finest expedition ships on the seas, the MS National Geographic Explorer, will be visiting the Port of Ipswich on Tuesday 2 May. Having commenced its voyage, operated by Lindblad Expeditions Ltd, at the Port of Edinburgh it will pass through Ipswich on the way to its final destination at Bergen, Norway.
The Port of Hamburg is among Europe’s most flexible and high-performance universal ports. Apart from the high speed and quality of its cargo handling, as well as its superb hinterland links, the Port of Hamburg is especially notable for its diverse range of logistic services, including those for import and export freight of all types.
The expansion of Kiel’s Ostuferhafen is being funded by the federal state of Schleswig-Holstein out of its Forward Planning Programme: Economy (ZPW) and co-financed by the GRW – a community-based initiative aimed at improving regional economic structures.
Visitors to the 2017 Poole Harbour Boat Show, in association with Sunseeker, will have plenty to keep them occupied this year. The show, which is free to enter, takes place between 19-21 May.
A Port of Oakland executive is eager for changes in the way container shipping lines operate. Maritime Director John Driscoll said in an interview today that newly formed ocean carrier alliances will benefit his Port.