- Port of Kiel bids farewell to Knud Sörensen
- BIMCO and CIRM propose software maintenance standard for shipping
- Survitec Group goes global by adding extra engineers to lifeboat servicing programme
- Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada Celebrate the Launch of the First Large Vessel
- Port of Québec proposes construction of a container terminal
- Duncan Dunn appointed new Baltic Exchange Chairman
- Kongsberg Digital acquires a share of NSG Digital
- New appointments strengthen Mech-Tool Engineering
- MJM Group secures first drydock contract in China
- EURONAV opts for SERTICA Fleet Management
Ports and Harbours
Global ship repair, defence, conversion and marine specialist A&P Group has made two headline appointments to deliver its new strategic partnership with Peel Ports Group, in Great Yarmouth.
For the first time this year, the county of Suffolk held its very own Suffolk Day on 21st June and ABP’s Ports of Ipswich and Lowestoft joined in the celebrations with a proud display of festive decorations and raising awareness about the key contribution they make to the county economy.
On 23 May, the Federal Administrative Court delivered its written judgement to the court’s decision of 9 February this year to the parties fighting the law suit. Both the Federal and Hamburg administrations have already been working since February on the Court’s remaining reservations, eliminating them in supplementary proceedings.
As the UK finally embarks on Brexit negotiations, our island nation’s attention is being focused on the vital role our ports, harbours and seafarers will have to play in the future.