Carnival Corporation & plc, the world's largest leisure travel company, has officially opened its second cruise terminal at the Port of Barcelona.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ports and Harbours
The Port of Seattle has long been a supporter of small business growth and workforce development and has made contracting with small businesses firms, including disadvantaged, minority and women-owned businesses a priority.
Leading harbour towage operator Marine Towing of Tampa earned an industry first on 20th April, when its 86.7 foot, 4200 hp towing vessel Endeavor became the first vessel to be awarded a Certificate of Inspection for compliance under the US Coast Guard’s new stringent Sub M rules for towing vessel safety.
In 2017, the Terminal Marítima de Zaragoza (tmZ) increased its handled volume by 20%, to around 350,000 TEUs by rail and truck.
The first of Damen’s revolutionary new RSD 2513 harbour tugs is kicking-off an introduction tour of European ports with visits to some of Italy’s most important ports plus the Grand Harbour at Malta.
Cooperation with Asia is one of the priorities of the Port of Gdansk Authority.