The ‘CMA CGM ANTOINE DE SAINT EXUPERY’, the largest containership ever to call at the port on the Elbe, berthed in Hamburg early on 15th March.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ports and Harbours
The conference will include a keynote by its CEO, Robert Schena, who will address delegates on data integrity in seaport and maritime industries.
The ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven, Germany, have joined an ambitious campaign to a ban on heavy fuel oil from Arctic shipping – along with more than 80 companies, organisations, politicians, NGOs and explorers.
Imports at major US retail container ports are expected to dip slightly this month, but that’s the result of annual Asian factory shutdowns for Lunar New Year rather than new tariffs on steel and aluminium imposed this week, according to the monthly Global Port Tracker report released today by the National Retail Federation and Hackett Associates.
The Northwest Seaport Alliance, a joint venture between the ports of Tacoma and Seattle that operates the fourth-largest maritime shipping gateway in North America, raised concerns that new tariffs on imported steel and aluminium could lead to broad negative economic consequences for Washington state.
DP World Australia’s Brisbane terminal recently received delivery of the first of two quay cranes to be delivered to the terminal in 2018.