- MTU engines from rolls-royce to power harbour tugs for the first time with 90 tonnes of bullard pull.
- Uscg type approval tests complete for evoqua seacure® system
- Showcase to promote Humber skills at UK's biggest maritime event
- Damen strategically positions tugs in Europe
- E2x corrosion proof warning devices benefit from major upgrades
- Commission Approves Communications Director
- EMSA launches a monitoring, reporting and verification system to help reduce CO2 emissions from shipping at EU level
- Go on a virtual tour of Tuco Marine’s latest high pressure cleaning vessel
- New Dometic XZ Watermaker Purifies Seawater and Fresh Water in a Single Compact Unit
- Statement on Rear Adm. Mark Buzby’s Confirmation as Maritime Administrator
Ports and Harbours
On the morning of 2 January 2017, Sif loaded its first monopile on board a sea-going vessel. The ship in question is the Innovation, a heavy-lift jack-up vessel owned by Geosea, part of the Belgian DEME Group. It was also the first job handled at the new section of Maasvlakte 2’s deep-sea quay (port number 8317).
The new SCA Terminal was officially inaugurated during a reception on November 11th at the Port of Kiel’s Ostuferhafen.
“The new terminal is a milestone in the development of the Port of Kiel”, said federal state capital Lord Mayor Dr Ulf Kämpfer. “I congratulate all those involved in the successful establishment of this enterprise, which will bring added economic clout as well as more jobs to Kiel.”
The port authorities of Antwerp, Hamburg, Rotterdam, Le Havre and Bremen/ Bremerhaven have come out in strong support of the submissions to designate the North Sea and the Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas (NECA) by 2021.
The Gibraltar Port Authority (GPA) has joined the Society for Gas as a Marine Fuel (SGMF). SGMF is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) established to promote safety and industry best practice in the use of gas as a marine fuel with over 100 members, including key ports such as Singapore, Rotterdam, and some of the most well-known suppliers and operators in this field.