- Port of Kiel bids farewell to Knud Sörensen
- BIMCO and CIRM propose software maintenance standard for shipping
- Survitec Group goes global by adding extra engineers to lifeboat servicing programme
- Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada Celebrate the Launch of the First Large Vessel
- Port of Québec proposes construction of a container terminal
- Duncan Dunn appointed new Baltic Exchange Chairman
- Kongsberg Digital acquires a share of NSG Digital
- New appointments strengthen Mech-Tool Engineering
- MJM Group secures first drydock contract in China
- EURONAV opts for SERTICA Fleet Management
Ports and Harbours
One of the finest expedition ships on the seas, the MS National Geographic Explorer, will be visiting the Port of Ipswich on Tuesday 2 May. Having commenced its voyage, operated by Lindblad Expeditions Ltd, at the Port of Edinburgh it will pass through Ipswich on the way to its final destination at Bergen, Norway.
The Port of Hamburg is among Europe’s most flexible and high-performance universal ports. Apart from the high speed and quality of its cargo handling, as well as its superb hinterland links, the Port of Hamburg is especially notable for its diverse range of logistic services, including those for import and export freight of all types.
The expansion of Kiel’s Ostuferhafen is being funded by the federal state of Schleswig-Holstein out of its Forward Planning Programme: Economy (ZPW) and co-financed by the GRW – a community-based initiative aimed at improving regional economic structures.
Visitors to the 2017 Poole Harbour Boat Show, in association with Sunseeker, will have plenty to keep them occupied this year. The show, which is free to enter, takes place between 19-21 May.
A Port of Oakland executive is eager for changes in the way container shipping lines operate. Maritime Director John Driscoll said in an interview today that newly formed ocean carrier alliances will benefit his Port.
Where: Meet at Parking at Haven Marina, New Cut West, Ipswich IP3 0EA
When: Friday 21 April, we will meet at the car park at 10:30am.
Cosco Faith arrives at the Port of Long Beach in January 2017.Containers arriving in Long Beach with goods bound for U.S. consumers spiked 20.2 percent in March compared to the same month in 2016, pushing the Port to its best first quarter since 2007.