Ships participating in the Environmental Ship Index in working towards reducing air emissions may apply for up to 8% discount on tonnage fees in the harbours of the Port of Tallinn.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ports and Harbours
Transporting containers at high speed through a tube to and from the Port of Hamburg – that is the joint vision of Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG and the US-based research and development company Hyperloop Transportation Technologies.
The building construction of the second Ostseekai terminal building for cruise passengers is about to start.
The Port of Rotterdam Authority, national government and four provinces have made agreements for more secure parking spaces and charging points for clean energy along the two most important freight transport corridors heading for Germany.
The prospects for ro-ro traffic between Sweden and the continent are certainly looking bright.
Port of Cromarty Firth board has announced a new quayside expansion, costing a record £30 million.