In 2017 the Port of Barcelona recorded its best results yet in the main traffic indicators, figures that allowed it to take a quantum leap to become the fastest-growing European port. Total traffic surpassed 61 million tonnes for the first time, recording a year-on-year increase of 26%.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ports and Harbours
Leading energy companies urge President Trump to support Port Corpus Christi Ship Channel Improvement Project
CEOs of six well-known American energy companies today signed a letter addressed to President Donald Trump in support of the Corpus Christi Ship Channel Improvement Project.
ICTSI South Pacific International Container Terminal (SPICT), a subsidiary of global operator International Container Terminal Services, Inc. (ICTSI), has commenced operations at the Lae Tidal Basin (LTB) in Lae, Papua New Guinea.
Forth Ports, the UK’s 3rd largest Ports Group, has announced the appointment of Ryan Porteous as new Harbour Master for The Ports of Dundee, Methil and Kirkcaldy.
The Commanding Officer of the largest naval base in Western Europe has recently joined the Port of Milford Haven as a Non-Executive Director.
The port of Antwerp has achieved a record freight volume for the fifth straight year in a row.