The port of Antwerp has achieved a record freight volume for the fifth straight year in a row.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ports and Harbours
In 2017 Kiel again posted record handling while also passing the seven-million-ton mark for the first time. Overall, 7,407.376 tons were loaded or unloaded.
ChartCo, the leading global supplier of maritime digital data and compliance services, has announced the launch of its new, easy-to-use FleetManager software.
A powerful virtual-reality ship simulation system, operated by the Port of Milford Haven is running courses to train tugboat operators from across Britain.
Port of Rotterdam Authority signed agreements with two contractors relating to what is known as the port’s dry infrastructure.
The Idom Group is making firm headway on the redevelopment of Standard Wharf, on the Thames at Erith, and is confident that the new wharf design can be easily applied to other similar quay structures requiring redevelopment.