The Northwest Seaport Alliance, a joint venture between the ports of Tacoma and Seattle that operates the fourth-largest maritime shipping gateway in North America, raised concerns that new tariffs on imported steel and aluminium could lead to broad negative economic consequences for Washington state.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ports and Harbours
DP World Australia’s Brisbane terminal recently received delivery of the first of two quay cranes to be delivered to the terminal in 2018.
Sea cruises are being rated ever higher on the tourism scale in Schleswig-Holstein. This year, more than 2 .1 million sea travellers are expected in Kiel and 600,000 of them – or 17 % more than last year - will be cruise ship passengers.
The UK’s largest importer of cocoa and coffee beans is to build a major new warehouse at the Port of Liverpool to accommodate growing demand from food and drink manufacturers.
Antwerp and Dakar port authorities are to collaborate more closely in the next few years.
For the year 2017, SAAM reported net income of $60.4 million, up 11% from $54.5 million in 2016. This figure includes $26 million in extraordinary items, mainly from the sale of its minority interest in Tramarsa.