- Admiral Vidal Francisco Soberón Sanz takes part in a symbolic coin ceremony at Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
- New Harbor Commission President Sets Priorities
- Global marine group secures cable contract for rampion offshore wind farm
- MTU engines from rolls-royce to power harbour tugs for the first time with 90 tonnes of bullard pull.
- Cloud-technology revolutionises fleet and crew management at Norddeutsche Reederei H. Schuldt
- Uscg type approval tests complete for evoqua seacure® system
- EMSA launches a monitoring, reporting and verification system to help reduce CO2 emissions from shipping at EU level
- New Dometic XZ Watermaker Purifies Seawater and Fresh Water in a Single Compact Unit
- Go on a virtual tour of Tuco Marine’s latest high pressure cleaning vessel
- E2x corrosion proof warning devices benefit from major upgrades
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Stand number: A4-A6 At this year’s Poole Harbour Boat Show (19th- 21st May), Sunseeker will be showcasing its stylish 75 Yacht, the largest motor yacht at the Show and the impressive Predator 57.
Damen has launched the Renewables Service Vessel (RSV) 3315, a new type, which has been developed in close cooperation with Scottish company Delta Marine.
Autonomous and 100% electric, ’YARA Birkeland’ will be the world’s most advanced container feeder ship.
Saam Smit Towage has ordered a new ASD (Azimuth Stern Drive) 2411 tug from Damen Shipyards, for operations in the port of Colón, Panama. Built for stock at Damen Song Cam Shipyard in Vietnam, it was subsequently transported to the Netherlands for finishing. With the agreement in place the new vessel, named the SST Portobelo, is now underway to join the 11-strong Saam Smit tug fleet in Panama.
Saqr Port, part of Rash Al Khaimah (RAK) Ports, has signed a contract with the Damen Shipyards Group for the delivery of an ASD 2913 tug. The vessel will be built a short distance away at Albwardy Damen in Sharjah and will be delivered in time for the opening of the new bulk terminal at Saqr Port in mid-2018.
Thordon Bearings and Drydocks World-Dubai (DDW-D) have today signed a milestone agreement under which the UAE-based shipyard will work together with Thordon Bearings Inc. to promote the conversion of ships’ oil lubricated propeller shafts to Thordon’s COMPAC open seawater lubricated bearing system.
The first ever Taste of the South festival, taking place at West Field Poole Park, will see two original Sunseeker motorboats displayed alongside local producers and manufacturers from the South of England. These two original models, namely Mustang 20 and Hostess 17, are two of the original boats created in 1969. They were originally unveiled at boat shows in Paris, Genoa and in London at Earls Court by the founders of Sunseeker Robert and John Braithwaite.