- Port of Kiel bids farewell to Knud Sörensen
- BIMCO and CIRM propose software maintenance standard for shipping
- Survitec Group goes global by adding extra engineers to lifeboat servicing programme
- Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada Celebrate the Launch of the First Large Vessel
- Port of Québec proposes construction of a container terminal
- Duncan Dunn appointed new Baltic Exchange Chairman
- Kongsberg Digital acquires a share of NSG Digital
- New appointments strengthen Mech-Tool Engineering
- MJM Group secures first drydock contract in China
- EURONAV opts for SERTICA Fleet Management
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Bastiaan Rigter has been appointed Managing Director of Scheepswerf Kooiman Hoebee. He will be taking over from Roel Mosterdijk, who has stepped down from his position as Managing Director.
ISA Towage B.V. (formerly known as V.O.F. Sleepboot ISA) has taken delivery of a Shoalbuster 3209 from Damen Shipyard Hardinxveld (DSHa).
A Damen 3307 Patrol Vessel has been delivered to Homeland Integrated Offshore Services Ltd (Homeland) of Lagos, Nigeria, taking its fleet of these award-winning craft up to three in number. A fourth is also currently under construction.
A major feat of engineering takes place on 21st August as the stern section of the new polar research ship for Britain, the RRS Sir David Attenborough, leaves A&P Tyne’s Hebburn shipyard, part of A&P Group, for Cammell Laird in Birkenhead.
Harbour tugs with 90-tonne bollard pull to be powered for the first time by high-speed diesel engines: MTU will deliver to Sanmar Shipyards.