- Vision of the Fjords wins universal accessibility award from DOGA
- Advent Intermodal Solutions releases eModalPRO™ data services
- Mackay Communications & Inmarsat’s Fleet Xpress Partnership
- South Florida Diesel Specialist Named as Cox Distributor in Key Target Region
- GNS launches VOYAGER Hub: a new generation back of bridge software solution for commercial shipping
- Actisense Wins British Chamber Awards Regional Export Business of the Year Accolade
- Online learning is the new key to incident investigation
- Wärtsilä uses start-up mindset to accelerate Intelligent Vessel outcomes
- The construction of New West Port in Kalundborg has begun
- Kongsberg completes Installation of Cutting-Edge Marine Ecosystem Assessment Solution on new Argentinian Research Ship
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Following deliveries of crew transfer boats and other ProZero workboats to Norway, Tuco Marine has now concluded the delivery of a 15m high-pressure cleaning boat to AKVA Group, also located in Norway.
‘A robust and competitive shipbuilding industry is an important contributor to a nation’s Comprehensive National Power’.
Damen Shiprepair Oranjewerf (Oranjewerf) has bid farewell to VOS Start, Vroon BV’s first DP2, subsea-support, walk-to-work (W2W) vessel.
Van Oossanen Naval Architecture joins forces with Milanese designer Federico Fiorentino for a new 47.5 metre superyacht concept. Cristiano Gatto will be responsible for the interior design. The XL®-300 Sport will be taken into sales by Thom Conboy, President of the Americas of OCEAN Indepence.
A study into the extent to which biofouling on ships’ hulls is contributing to the spread of invasive aquatic species in the Mediterranean Sea – a phenomenon commonly associated with ship ballasting operations – has been welcomed by Belgium-based marine coatings supplier Subsea Industries.
On Tuesday, 11th July 2017, Damen successfully hosted a dredging seminar in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Damen Shiprepair Brest (DSBr) has completed a two week maintenance programme on the 290-metre, 101,000 GT LNG carrier GDF SUEZ POINT FORTIN. DSBr is one of the most experienced European yards in the repair and maintenance of LNG carriers.