- Port of Kiel bids farewell to Knud Sörensen
- BIMCO and CIRM propose software maintenance standard for shipping
- Survitec Group goes global by adding extra engineers to lifeboat servicing programme
- Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada Celebrate the Launch of the First Large Vessel
- Port of Québec proposes construction of a container terminal
- Duncan Dunn appointed new Baltic Exchange Chairman
- Kongsberg Digital acquires a share of NSG Digital
- New appointments strengthen Mech-Tool Engineering
- MJM Group secures first drydock contract in China
- EURONAV opts for SERTICA Fleet Management
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
A study into the extent to which biofouling on ships’ hulls is contributing to the spread of invasive aquatic species in the Mediterranean Sea – a phenomenon commonly associated with ship ballasting operations – has been welcomed by Belgium-based marine coatings supplier Subsea Industries.
On Tuesday, 11th July 2017, Damen successfully hosted a dredging seminar in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Damen Shiprepair Brest (DSBr) has completed a two week maintenance programme on the 290-metre, 101,000 GT LNG carrier GDF SUEZ POINT FORTIN. DSBr is one of the most experienced European yards in the repair and maintenance of LNG carriers.
Damen Shipyards has won an open tender for the supply of a tug to Port Autonome de Papeete on the Pacific island of Tahiti. Tahiti is part of French Polynesia, an overseas territory of the French Republic.
Norwegian maritime transport company Skyssbåtservice has taken delivery of a Stan Pontoon 4512 from the Damen Shipyards Group. The 45-metre barge will be capable of fulfilling a variety of roles in both the general maritime transport sector projects and the oil & gas industry.
A surge in offshore vessel repair and maintenance work at Gibdock has included a special project for returning customer Solstad, to ensure that Normand Reach meets the exacting hull cleanliness standards set by Australia’s National Biofouling Management Guidelines for commercial vessels.
Stand number: A4-A6 At this year’s Poole Harbour Boat Show (19th- 21st May), Sunseeker will be showcasing its stylish 75 Yacht, the largest motor yacht at the Show and the impressive Predator 57.