- Vision of the Fjords wins universal accessibility award from DOGA
- Advent Intermodal Solutions releases eModalPRO™ data services
- Mackay Communications & Inmarsat’s Fleet Xpress Partnership
- South Florida Diesel Specialist Named as Cox Distributor in Key Target Region
- GNS launches VOYAGER Hub: a new generation back of bridge software solution for commercial shipping
- Actisense Wins British Chamber Awards Regional Export Business of the Year Accolade
- Online learning is the new key to incident investigation
- Wärtsilä uses start-up mindset to accelerate Intelligent Vessel outcomes
- The construction of New West Port in Kalundborg has begun
- Kongsberg completes Installation of Cutting-Edge Marine Ecosystem Assessment Solution on new Argentinian Research Ship
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
The Maritime Alliance (TMA) a non-profit industry association and organiser of the largest BlueTech cluster in the United States, has announced an unmissable series of presentations at Ocean Business 2017, which takes place at the NOC on 4-6 April 2017.
Damen’s award-winning, mobile, ballast water treatment system has received IMO type approval. An external ballast water treatment unit designed primarily for use in ports and harbours, the Damen InvaSave treats ballast water to the IMO D-2 standard, for ballast water received from inbound ships. It can also deliver water treated to the same standard to outbound vessels.
The Meyer's Group has ordered two, powerful Damen ASD 2913 Tugs to operate in the newly expanded Panama Canal. At an official signing ceremony at the Panama Maritime XIII World Conference, Michel Mittelmeyer, Chief Executive Officer said the Meyer’s Group was awarded a contract last year to offer towage support in the new Panama Canal locks.
Amsterdam-based shipping company Spliethoff has placed an order for six multipurpose vessels at the Zhejiang Ouhua Shipbuilding Co., Ltd., shipyard in China.
A Pembrokeshire boat building company has won a £5.8m contract to build two new Welsh Fisheries Patrol vessels for the Welsh Government.
Pilbara Marine Pty Ltd (Pilbara Marine), a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortescue Metals Group Ltd has placed an order with Damen Shipyards for the building of six, 32 metre Rotor Tugs.
Korean Register (KR) - an IACS member classification society - has opened a new ICT (information communications technology) Center to dramatically enhance the application of advanced information and ICT across the maritime and ship classification industries.