- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
- Massive private investments in port of Antwerp
- SCA Logistics Terminal inaugurated at Port of Kiel's Ostuferhafen
- ISS expands European business with Team Tankers International
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Fincantieri and the Grimaldi Group signed a letter of intent for the lengthening and refurbishment program for the cruise ferries “Cruise Roma” and “Cruise Barcelona”.
SeaQuest Marine Project Management has been appointed to oversee the construction of the first purpose-built +100,000 dwt Polar Code compliant ice-class bulk carriers.
The 151-metre, self-propelled, DP2, jack-up rig Seafox 5 has left the Damen Verolme Rotterdam shipyard following a four-month refit in which the boom of its main crane was lengthened to prepare it for a new contract, along with a range of maintenance and other upgrade works.
Wight Shipyard Co has secured its first multi-million-pound export order for a 250-passenger river catamaran to operate for Central Danube Region Marketing and Development GmbH’s Twin City Liner – a tourist service running on the River Danube between Vienna and Bratislava, joining two European capital cities.
Hyundai Mipo Dockyard is scheduled to deliver the world’s first ballast free LNG bunkering vessel later this year.
Luxury yacht and motorboat builder, Galeon, opts for Volvo Penta’s D13-1000 engine as the ideal choice for its innovative new 640 Fly model. The spaciously designed yacht is being launched at the Miami International Boat Show.
To address the evolving safety and security needs of modern ports, Vancouver based naval architects and marine engineers Robert Allan Ltd, and international marine technology specialist Kongsberg Maritime are collaborating on the development of a radically new remotely-operated fireboat that will allow first responders to attack dangerous port fires more aggressively and safer than ever before.