- MTU engines from rolls-royce to power harbour tugs for the first time with 90 tonnes of bullard pull.
- Uscg type approval tests complete for evoqua seacure® system
- Showcase to promote Humber skills at UK's biggest maritime event
- Damen strategically positions tugs in Europe
- E2x corrosion proof warning devices benefit from major upgrades
- Commission Approves Communications Director
- EMSA launches a monitoring, reporting and verification system to help reduce CO2 emissions from shipping at EU level
- Go on a virtual tour of Tuco Marine’s latest high pressure cleaning vessel
- New Dometic XZ Watermaker Purifies Seawater and Fresh Water in a Single Compact Unit
- Statement on Rear Adm. Mark Buzby’s Confirmation as Maritime Administrator
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
A study into the extent to which biofouling on ships’ hulls is contributing to the spread of invasive aquatic species in the Mediterranean Sea – a phenomenon commonly associated with ship ballasting operations – has been welcomed by Belgium-based marine coatings supplier Subsea Industries.
On Tuesday, 11th July 2017, Damen successfully hosted a dredging seminar in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Damen Shiprepair Brest (DSBr) has completed a two week maintenance programme on the 290-metre, 101,000 GT LNG carrier GDF SUEZ POINT FORTIN. DSBr is one of the most experienced European yards in the repair and maintenance of LNG carriers.
Damen Shipyards has won an open tender for the supply of a tug to Port Autonome de Papeete on the Pacific island of Tahiti. Tahiti is part of French Polynesia, an overseas territory of the French Republic.
Norwegian maritime transport company Skyssbåtservice has taken delivery of a Stan Pontoon 4512 from the Damen Shipyards Group. The 45-metre barge will be capable of fulfilling a variety of roles in both the general maritime transport sector projects and the oil & gas industry.
A surge in offshore vessel repair and maintenance work at Gibdock has included a special project for returning customer Solstad, to ensure that Normand Reach meets the exacting hull cleanliness standards set by Australia’s National Biofouling Management Guidelines for commercial vessels.