The maritime trade union, Nautilus International, is this month highlighting just how reliant the industry are on its seafarers, who are depended on for an estimated 95% of everything that is imported to the UK, including the oil for petrol and diesel.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
After a year of preparation, Stena Line’s first volunteer is on-board Mercy Ships’ hospital ship Africa Mercy.
CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping Group, has announced the signature of an agreement between CMA CGM and Container Finance Ltd Oy.
The Chairman of the Schulte Group, Dr Heinrich Schulte, underlined his long-term commitment to the Cypriot shipping industry when he met with the President of the Republic of Cyprus, H.E. Mr Nicos Anastasiades, at the Presidential Palace in Nicosia, on 11th June 2018.
The Liberian Registry has agreed on a framework co-operation Memorandum of Understanding with the China Classification Society as the latest step in its strategy to collaborate effectively with its long-term key industry stakeholders.
A host of industry representatives, MPs and members of the House of Lords joined international maritime charity Sailors’ Society to mark its 200 years of supporting seafarers and their families around the world, at a reception held in Parliament last week.