After the successful commissioning of Service Operations Vessel Bibby WaveMaster 1, Damen Shipyards started building its successor Bibby WaveMaster Horizon, purpose-built for the transfer and accommodation of support and maintenance engineers at offshore wind farms.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Displaying an extensive collection of historical maritime memorabilia, Damen Shipyards Galati has opened an exhibition in the Lower Danube University in the Romanian city of Galati.
Now that the IMO’s Ballast Water Management Convention has entered into force, more shipowners than ever before are actively looking at the installation of ballast water treatment systems onboard their vessels.
Kongsberg Maritime has been awarded significant contracts with Nanjing Jinling Shipyard Co., China to deliver power and hybrid systems to nine Roll on – Roll off vessels ordered by Grimaldi Group, Italy.
On 15th August, Damen Shipyards Galati held a party for the annual celebration of Ziua Navalistului – Shipbuilder’s Day.
A new 92-metre long ferry built for the Canadian operator Société des traversiers du Québec and fitted with a broad scope of Wärtsilä solutions has been delivered.