Around 2,500 original artworks aboard Holland America Line’s newest cruise ship look beyond simply working in sympathy with their seaborne surroundings to put the visual surprises of contemporary art at the centre of the cruising experience.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Cunard’s Queen Elizabeth has left Damen Shiprepair Brest following a 12-day repair and refit programme. She is the most recent addition to the Cunard fleet, having been delivered in 2010.
Southampton-based ship repairer the SMS Group has started the year with a focus on core customers and several major refit wins.
The Hamburg maritime engineering company HeavyLift@Sea has presented a solution with an individual basic design for a high-performance heavy cargo deck carrier.
Offshore support vessel specialist Sentinel Marine will create 80 new jobs by adding three multi-role ships to its fast-growing fleet.
Rolls-Royce has signed a contract to deliver ship design and an extensive range of equipment to a 70-metre long stern trawler to be built for Engenes fiskeriselskap AS, based in Troms county, northern Norway.